Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The food so far

By popular request, photos of some of my best meals here so far. Some of these are repeat pictures, I'm not sorry about it.
Prosciutto e mozzarella

Trofie e pesto

Pizze in Naples

Jewish-style fried artichoke. It looks a little questionable but is seriously delicious

Eggplant lasagna in the Jewish district

Pesto pasta with potatoes in Cinque Terre

Calamari cone in Cinque Terre

Gelato from the Frigidarium (one of the best gelato places in Rome). Tiramisu and Frigidarium's signature (Nutella cookie) flavor with a chocolate topping and a cookie

Thai food in Munich. it was so good!!

I'm  convinced this is the best pizza in the world. Dar Poeta in Trastevere, the "Top" pizza: sausage, mozzarella di bufala,  porcini mushrooms. super fast service too!

a specialty panino from Volpetti in Testaccio. my usual is prosciutto, artichoke, and pecorino cheese

spinach and cheese tortelli a ragu from Trattoria Toscana Gozzi Sergio  in Florence. the best pasta, the best ragu, the best food I've had this entire trip. it looks simple but don't be fooled! their duck meat sauce is good too.

pasta carbonara from Tavernaccia in Trastevere. right up there with best pasta. YUM. the best carbonara I've had here.

the cinque terre signature white wine. it was good wine!


limone granite. brr.

a standard cup of cappuccino. we drink usually one or two a day... at least I do

clearly the US isn't classy enough for this delicacy. I''m not a Pringles devotee (Tim's!!) but I am addicted to these. may ship a crate home.

alright, I'm hungry.

1 comment: