Monday, October 8, 2012

the no iPhone life + sick, again

it's been pretty weird not having my iPhone. all things considered, it's probably lucky I lost it here and not in the States because I don't use it for anything really vital here and I can only text when I'm on wifi, which is never. still, not having a smart phone for the first time since freshman year of high school has been an experience.

the first thing I noticed right away was I didn't have an alarm clock. I realized this when I slept through my first class of the day.

the second thing I noticed was that I couldn't check the weather really easily. this bugged more than it should, probably because I'm a control freak.

I feel very out of the Twitter/Instagram loop, which is sad because previously I was totally addicted. Twitter was really my only way of checking the news and keeping up with current events, so we'll see in the coming weeks if I make the switch to using Twitter on my laptop or if not having a smart phone means living under a rock.

I also am having a difficult time keeping up with my e-mails. I have three separate accounts, so iPhone's feature of combining all my inboxes was so helpful. now I have to manually check each one. y'all can expect a much slower e-mail response time from me from now on.

finally, I'm already pretty out of the loop because I live in a separate building from all of my friends. no iPhone = no iMessage = more out of the loop than I was before. this will probably contribute to me becoming a hermit, which is my natural instinct and pretty hard to resist.

on a separate note, the inside of my throat is so swelled up I can't talk and I am pretty congested. I guess my lifestyle was bound to catch up to me eventually, but did it have to happen now?? at least it doesn't seem to be the vomit-filled illness I came down with last week, just a yucky cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment